USCOD Centre is a non-profit making organization of the Diocese of Badulla Viz. Amendment Act No : 28 of 1980. Roman Catholic Archbishop and Bishops of Ceylon Act dated 07.08.1980
Empowering people in the Diocese of Badulla, through animation, training and being in solidarity in their efforts for integral human development through programmes in collaboration with other local and foreign N.G.O.’s to alleviate the sufferings of the less privileged people in the under mentioned manner :-
- Assist to develop the minds of little children through nutrition and making aware of their parents attitudes towards them.
- Help children of less privileged families to pursue their education.
- To provide vocational training to youth who have completed their formal education.
- Assist to develop villages through small groups and federations.
- In the event of violation of human rights to assist to control and curb such violations.
- To encourage and assist the ongoing peace process in Sri Lanka
- Provide assistance to the victims and displaced persons of the North East war.
- Strengthen links with national and international organizations and resources
Throughout this period USCOD Centre will conduct these Programmes for prospective candidates from the Tea Plantations and Villages in the Uva Province
Working through partnerships is very advantageous to us. By establishing partnerships with Caritas Sri Lanka, N.G.O.’s and governmental and non - governmental organizations